Key Stage 1 Production

July 3, 2013

Our Key Stage One Production has been a fantastic highlight of our year. The children have loved learning about Stories by Julia Donaldson and have developed their self esteem and confidence in performing. Oak Class performed the Room on the Broom and enjoyed retelling the story and creating a wonderful dance. Elm class danced and re told the story of the Gruffalo, with excellent acting. The Year two children have been learning about Japan and performed the Magic Paintbrush, retelling the story and creating a very intricate dance routine. The children also learnt many songs and remembered their lines brilliantly. The costumes, face paints and props enabled the children to become the character that they were portraying in the production. The staff and children have had a wonderful time linking our theme of Julia Donaldson to show you all of our learning. We have selected some of the photos from the production for you to view on the website. Thank you for all of your support in helping your child with costumes and learning their lines and songs.

All of the Key Stage One Team

……….and a quote from one of our parents:-

‘What a fabulous event it was! I know my kids have enjoyed all the rehearsals and I’m sure that,  though they would both naturally shy away from performing, the chance to appear on stage has been good for their confidence. Furthermore, I have a memory I will cherish forever!’IMG_8294IMG_8280IMG_8279IMG_8274IMG_8273IMG_8266IMG_8264IMG_8261IMG_8217IMG_8214IMG_8213

For more photo’s see Year 1 and Year 2 tabs.

Previous post:

Next post: