About The Parent Forum
The Parent Forum was established as a means by which the Head and governing body might consult with the parent body on issues pertinent to the school. Since its inception the forum has gathered feedback from parents that has been used by the school to improve:
- Parent/child questionnaire
- School report
- Communication between home and school
- School diaries
- Healthy eating
The Forum aims to meet once every term.
What Happens At A Forum Meeting?
The meeting is chaired by the link governor (Fiona Duck and attended by the Head Teacher (Katharine Ellwood). A typical agenda includes:
- Items identified by the head for discussion
- Items identified by parents for discussion
Prior to the meeting Forum members consult parents on a particular issue. The feedback is shared at the meeting and the Forum collectively draws conclusions and recommends action to the head teacher and governing body.
Terms Of Reference
Members of the Parent Forum adhere to the following terms of reference:
The Parent Forum is a body of parents, representing parents, led by the governing body. The Forum:
- Is a constructive tool with which the head teacher and governing body may consult the parent body.
- Is a conduit to feed information from the school to parents and from parents to the school. When asking for feedback from parents forum members should
- adopt a neutral stance and not offer or promote their personal view.
- Not allow parents to involve you in any other course of action.
- Has an advisory and consultative role. The governing body remains the decision maker and provides strategic leadership.
- Any parent may nominate themselves to become a member of the Forum. Ideally each class will have two representatives. Nominations for members are invited at the beginning of the school year and during the year when a vacancy arises. Elections will only be held in cases where nominations are received from more than two parents for a class.
- The Forum has evening meetings on a termly basis. They are scheduled to run for 90 minutes.
- The Forum is attended by the head and chaired by a Governor.
The Forum does not:
Arrange the teacher collections or parent social evenings this is the role of the class rep. Nor is it to be the interface for specific areas of concern around individual children.
Who Is My Parent Forum Representative?
Parent Forum members for 2020/2021 are shown below.
|Class||Year||Parent Forum representative/s|
|Green Ash||Nursery||Lucy Knox-Smith|
|Red Ash||Reception||Kerry Hall|
|Elm||Year 1||Lauren Bishop|
|Pine||Year 2||Emma Lelieveld|
|Beech||Year 3||Louise Jenkins|
|Willow||Year 4||Sophie Kennedy|
|Chestnut||Year 5||Natasha Goss|
|Maple||Year 6||Rachel Scott|
Members of the Parent Forum can be contacted via the school office