Our Ethos and Values
Children are at the centre of everything we do.
Our 5 Values are embedded in all we do and are celebrated throughout the whole school community.
As part of our Behaviour Policy our Golden Values underpin everything we do at Greenway.
- To have happy, healthy and secure children who all have a life-long love of learning.
- To ensure that each child’s contribution is valued and every potential is reached.
- To ensure the safety of the whole school community.
- To develop and celebrate a culture of respect, tolerance and collaboration across our local and global communities.
- We will provide a safe, positive, stimulating and happy environment where children thrive and are curious to learn.
- We will ensure the school is financially viable and provides an outstanding education in an ever-changing landscape.
Our Therapeutic Approach
Greenway adopts a therapeutic approach to behaviour management – ‘All behaviour is a form of communication’.
British Values Statement
In 2014 the Department for Education reinforced the need to ‘create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.’ At Greenway we promote these values through a broad and balanced curriculum and through a wide range of extra-curricular or enrichment activities which, we believe, support the development of the ‘whole child’.
To read the full document, please see here: British Values Statement